We can't believe how fast this year has gone by! We are busy planning our next AGM that will take place in Milan, Italy on the 15th of March 2024 starting around 15:00 and will finish late afternoon on the 16th of March 2024. It will be held after the AEPC Biennial meeting at the IRCCS Policlinico San Donato Hospital.
We are finalising the Agenda and further information for the AGM, as well as registration forms, and will get this out early in January 2024. We invite members to share a PowerPoint slide about their organisiation for us to combine into a larger presentation. You will need to submit these early next year.
Travel and accommodation arrangements are to be made by members themselves. The Hotel Santa Babara is the closest to the hospital and it has offered specific rates for the congress. Please write to: email@example.com indicating AEPC2024 in the correspondence. The hotel has provided the following prices for the period of the congress and the ECHDO AGM meeting:
- From the 12th to the 14th of March: Single room € 105; Double room – single use € 120; Double/twin room for two people € 125.
- From the 15th to the 17th of March: Single room € 80; Double room – single use € 90; Double room for two people € 95.
If you plan to arrive before the 12th or after the 17th of March, please inquire with the hotel about the prices as they vary based on the day of the week. These prices will be valid until the 23rd of February 2024.
Other lodging alternatives in San Donato Milanese, close to the hospital are:
Another possibility is to book more centrally in Milan and make your way to the hospital by metro and bus or taxi.
Airports in Milan:
- Linate Airport (LIN):
- By Metro: Take the M4 line from Linate to San Babila. From San Babila, switch to the M1 line and travel to Duomo. At Duomo, switch to the M3 Yellow Line and travel to San Donato Metro.
- By Taxi: Linate is approximately 11 minutes by taxi from the hospital. Estimated taxi fare: €15-€20.
- Malpensa Airport (MXP):
- By Train: Take the "Malpensa Express" train to Centrale Metro Station which is on the M3 Yellow Line and travel to San Donato Metro.
- By Taxi: Estimated taxi fare from Malpensa to the hospital: €70-€90.
- Orio al Serio Airport (BGY):
- By Bus: The airport is connected by bus to the Centrale Metro Station which is on the M3 Yellow Line and travel to San Donato Metro.
- By Taxi: Estimated taxi fare from Orio al Serio to the hospital: €80-€100.
After arriving at the San Donato metro station exit the metro gates to the left (Lato Paulese). After, you can catch one of the following buses to reach the hospital: C Rossa, C Blu, 130, and 132 which will take you in front of the hospital’s old entrance in Via Morandi.
For MXP and BGY you can also travel to Centrale Metro Station and catch a taxi to IRCCS Policlinico San Donato. Estimated taxi fare from Centrale to the hospital: €20-€30.
Taxi rates were calculated with https://www.taxifarefinder.com/ and may vary based on traffic conditions, time of day, and other factors.
Public Transport Payment Information:
- Contactless Payment: On all Azienda Trasporti Milanesi (ATM) vehicles, you can directly pay for your ticket using contactless cards and devices from the circuits Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro, and VPay.
- ATM App: Purchase various types of tickets, such as single rides, daily tickets, or a 10-trip pass. Payment methods include credit card, PayPal, or Satispay.
- SMS Ticketing: Buy a ticket by sending an SMS to 48444 with the text “ATM”. The ticket priced at €2.20 is valid for 90 minutes for traveling in Milan and neighbouring municipalities (tariff zone Mi1-Mi3). The hospital is in the Mi3 area.
- Metro Stations and Authorized Dealers: Tickets are available at automatic distributors in metro stations and at newsstands and authorized dealers.
We wish you all a wonderful end of the year. May 2024 be a wonderful and prosperous new year for you all!
The ECHDO board,
Just Deinum, Rob Nicoll, Lene Osmundsen, Joanna Heath, Emilie Mikalsen, Karine Vauchez, Mirella Dežman; Xenia Patsalidou